Tuesday, April 3, 2012

NOTD (Nail of the Day): Strawberry



The pictures I took aren't the best quality, but this is my easy-peasy nail of the day (evening, actually.) STRAWBERRIES! Chad is lucky I was ready to switch up my peacock nails or it would have been his paws modeling this look. 


  • Wet 'n Wild Base Coat
  • O.P.I "Red"
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Green with Envy"
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Beige Blast"
  • Fing'rs Top Coat
  • Some toothpicks

First I raided my arsenal of reds. Glittery red? Pinky red? Blue red? Orange red? I chose O.P.I Red. A classic red that leans sliightly pink with a very slight silver shimmer. Perfecto!


I free-handed the green onto the tips. I had a more elaborate scheme that involved cutting tape, but it was tedious... sticky. The colours I used have decent coverage so I only used one coat of red, and two sort of coats of the green. It was a coat and some spot touching, actually. 


Now they're ready for the "seeds." My nail art brushes have yet to arrive, so I am still using toothpicks. I unscrewed the cap of the beige polish and held it up just slightly above the lip of the bottle with one hand, and held a toothpick under to catch the nail polish drip. I let the excess drip off that, and when I had a tiny bead sized drop of polish left on the pick, I applied it to my nail with a dabbing motion. Repeat! You don't want too much or it won't dry. Too little and it won't transfer onto the nail. This was my first time and I think it turned out pretty well. The green is slightly less yellow IRL.



 Berry cute!
-H.Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3