Thursday, April 5, 2012

EOTD: Spring Fresh (+Easter Nails, Kid Pictures!)

It's unexpected... fresh... and just in time for spring! It's simple, yet interesting and I quite enjoy it. I'm pretty tired after a big hunt for inspiring nailpolish, so I'll give you the short version. :D I prepped my face and eye area in my usual way (see my other FOTD, EOTD's and you'll know how I roll.) The other thing to know is that if I just name a shade and no brand, I can almost guarantee that I am talking about MAC. So if I don't specify, assume MAC!

 I used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Blanc Type
  • Lucky Green
  • Chartreuse pigment
  • Amber Lights
  • Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner
  • MAC False Lashes Extreme Black
  • MAC Nylon
  • MAC Stubborn Brown pencil
And this was the technique, if you could call it that:
  • Apply your primer and a base
  • Take a short, stiff shading brush and pick up your Lucky Green. Tap the excess off and pack the colour all over your eyelid with a patting motion. I start from the inner corner and work outwards
  • Dampen your brush slightly (Fix+ works great for this, or any water in a squirt or aerosol can even) and dip it into your Chartreuse pigment. Be especially sure to tap the excess because you can get a lot of fallout from pigments. (I recently learned that a little moisturizer on a sponge or Q-Tip does an awesome job wiping away fallout!) Pat the Chartreuse down over the Lucky Green and watch the magic happen! Haha.The colour is gorgeous
  • Now you'll need your pencil brush or whatever you find works best for creasework (I use my MAC 219 religiously for this.) Pick up Amber Lights on your brush and apply to the outter half of your crease with a feathering motion, then a windshield wiping motion
  • Using a fluffy angled brush, sweet Nylon from the outer corner of your eye up and across your brow bone. I also highlighter the inner corner above my tear duct (but not on my eyelid)
  • Now using a blending brush, you'll want to blend the edges of your Amber Lights up into the Nylon. 
  • Pick up a little bit of Amber Lights on your pencil brush and apply it to the outer 3rd or half of your lower lash line, just below the water line
  • Line your waterline with MAC Stubborn Brown pencil 
  • Tightline your lashes with Stila liquid liner
  • Slick on a coat or two of MAC False Lashes Extreme Black
It's a really easy look to create and doesn't take much time at all. I paired it with MAC Style on my cheeks, which is somewhat of a peachy/orange/golden blush, and a coral lipgloss (which you'll see below in the picture of Chloe and I!)


I also made some purchases I'll be reviewing with you shortly.
  • Seche Base
  • Magnetic Force by Color Club in "Electro-Midnight"
  • Nicole by O.P.I Drying Drops
  • ORLY "Won't Chip" Top Coat
I tried out a quick Easter nail...


And snapped a couple pictures of pure sunshine for you!






 <3<3<3
-H.Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3